POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Crazy Idea : Re: Crazy Idea Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy Idea
From: MattM
Date: 11 Oct 2007 11:05:01
Message: <web.470e3b7de510ffd24ef43cef0@news.povray.org>
You're right actually, I don't want to compromise on this, I'd like as much
detail as people want to put in.

So to overcome that we'll have to render many images and stitch them
together. That way we can circumvent the limits on memory etc (with careful
thought there shouldn't be many artifacts visible with shadows of objects
overlapping others as each object will have a fairly small discrete area
within the image.

As a scale the final object should fit nicely into a <0,0,0> <1,1,1> box.
Must use #local not #declare (unless you've really come up with a good
uniquename) to avoid name clashes.

So fitting in the box and in the #include requirement (I mentioned
earlier)should make a pretty straightforward guideline.