POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Crazy Idea : Re: Crazy Idea Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy Idea
From: MattM
Date: 11 Oct 2007 07:05:00
Message: <web.470e022de510ffd24ef43cef0@news.povray.org>
Well xmas it is then (I was open to any theme) I think ray-tracers all get
secretly exciting about rendering baubles etc when it comes down to it.

I'm glad you've had some experience of this, I think rendering resources is
a potential obstacle, as long as individual contributions are sensible, you
know, not using a 2MB mesh for each snowdrop etc we could create quite a
large pic. Also we could just render portions of the image then stitch them
together to get around that problem.

Your object sounds ideal.

I was going to mention some sort of standard to make things easy which is
basically to provide an .inc file with just the object/s (no scene, global
stuff etc) with details of what object/macro name to call from the main
file).

If you can see my email, I'd be happy to accept it there.

thanks

Now we need more takers! I mean if we're thinking gigapixel images (yes I
know pov has a limit) we need many many objects!

(It did cross my mind that a great image would rival/beat
themilliondollarwebsite in terms of a users interest, advertising etc, but
I'm not suggesting this to make money, its in the spirit of collaborative
art!!)