POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Crazy Idea : Crazy Idea Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Crazy Idea
From: MattM
Date: 10 Oct 2007 07:10:00
Message: <web.470cb2a57a1ad9ac4ef43cef0@news.povray.org>
I've been messing about with a microsoft beta download called hdview which
basically allows you to view large images in a viewer (similar to other
tools). You can also slice up an image using another download hdmake to
produce the tile set you need.

Well here's the crazy idea, anyone interesting in contributing to a large
image just for fun. I'm thinking along the lines of every participant
creating an object to be placed into the image. For instance as we're on
our way to xmas how about a toyshop with a myriad of toys on the shelf each
created by individual users.

There's one more little twist, we could create two versions of the image
(objects) so that zooming in on the detail will reveal something new (a
jack in the box popping out for instance).

To see what I mean look at the link I've knocked up here, you'll need to
download an activex control (the viewer) then zoom to the top left horse
(thing) of the clock face.

It's a crazy idea, but just though I'd air it for fun, in case there's any
takers. Could be along any theme, obviously the objects will need to be not
too complex (as their could be many,...or not).

http://www.mattmilton.eclipse.co.uk/Ben/HDView-Example.htm