POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Transporter effect Test 1 : Re: Transporter effect Test 1 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 07:43:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transporter effect Test 1
From: Nimish Ajmani
Date: 8 Oct 2007 16:30:00
Message: <web.470a925fdea47c32958625010@news.povray.org>
"Leef_me" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Nimish Ajmani" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > I've done some more experimenting, and finally perfected the effect.
>
> FANTASTIC!

> > thought that the circular reagion left over was not realistic, and ended up
> > doing the effect attatched to this message.  It fades gradually with the
> > cube, no strange sphere in the middle.
>
> I seem to recall that were at least a few different variations on how it
> looked, and that was just in the original series. In later series it
> appears different as well.
>
> Concerning the region in the center, I recall seeing something like that as
> well. I suggest it looked more like a when a laserpointer reflects off
> brushed aluminum. Not so much a sphere as a star burst.
>
> I was going to complain about the delay in fading the object in your prior
> tests, but you fixed it in this version.
>
> Again, well done!

Indeed, there were a few variations.  The original series had just
yellow/blue sparkles and the fde like effect posted in sample 3 above.  The
circular region was in TNG-VOY, and I was hoping to imitate something like
that at first, but even I am not that good yet.  I was going to use some
images from a simple pov-rendereing, but I wanted to stretch my potential
in what I could do, and ended up using a rubik's cube instead.  Obviously,
I will be using pov-renderings in the TC-RTC entry, but At least I know
that if I ever needed to do something with real-life stuff, I could.

Again, thanks for the comments.

--Nimish