POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics : Re: Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics
From: nemesis
Date: 8 Oct 2007 16:20:00
Message: <web.470a902a153c00f6773c9a3e0@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Yes but still not fast enough to me, unless I missed some.

With level 0 or 1 you don't even get basic shading, just the shapes of
objects in your scene.  Couple that with a small resolution and enough CPU
and you get almost real-time-like rendering speed, even for complex scenes.
 It'll get better if the SDL doesn't have to be reparsed each frame...

> I don't use the beta ;) .

I'm not saying that kind of visualization is planned, but it'd surely be
cool...