POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics : Re: Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:30:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics
From: nemesis
Date: 8 Oct 2007 15:55:01
Message: <web.470a8a61153c00f6773c9a3e0@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I only want to stress again that POV as it is now, and even more is it
> will be as POV4 is a fantastic tool to use in highschool math and
> physics classes. Nobody likes geometry

no doubt!  Math is much more fascinating when we can visualize equations as
graphs...

povray has always been to me an excellent tool to teach people both geometry
and introductory computer programming.

> Add support for multiple camera's, our beloved
> raytracer but also a fast scanline/DirectX/whatever previewer that
> accepts the same scenes but without reflections and such.

you do know that there are quality parameter both via the command-line and
from the Render Settings GUI dialog that allow for very fast rendering,
don't you?  Only thing lacking, I guess, would be allowing the mouse to
manipulate that render window by zooming in/out and rotating freely.
Wouldn't that be a cool application for the real-time rendering in povray
3.7? :)