POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Transporter effect Test 1 : Re: Transporter effect Test 1 Server Time
27 Jun 2024 17:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transporter effect Test 1
From: Leef me
Date: 8 Oct 2007 14:45:01
Message: <web.470a7982dea47c32ed05561a0@news.povray.org>
"Nimish Ajmani" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I've done some more experimenting, and finally perfected the effect.

FANTASTIC!

> thought that the circular reagion left over was not realistic, and ended up
> doing the effect attatched to this message.  It fades gradually with the
> cube, no strange sphere in the middle.

I seem to recall that were at least a few different variations on how it
looked, and that was just in the original series. In later series it
appears different as well.

Concerning the region in the center, I recall seeing something like that as
well. I suggest it looked more like a when a laserpointer reflects off
brushed aluminum. Not so much a sphere as a star burst.

I was going to complain about the delay in fading the object in your prior
tests, but you fixed it in this version.

Again, well done!