POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics : Re: Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 6 Oct 2007 20:00:00
Message: <web.470820bf153c00f690965fe80@news.povray.org>
Early click. Please read the following instead of my previous post.

 File pov/scenes/BasicScene.pov4 (shipped-with stuff)
 --------------------------------
 package pov.scenes;

 scene BasicScene
 {
     property sun = light_source {...}  // properties of a scene can be
 accessed by derived scenes
     sky_sphere {...}
     ground = plane {y, 0 pigment {White}} // 'White' from pov.basic.Colors
 class. Package 'pov.basics' imported by default
     property the_sphere = sphere
     {
         location 0 // 0 promoted to <0,0,0>
         radius 1  // trying to see how to keep "0, 1" and current shorcuts
         pigment
         {
             pattern radial
             frequency 5
             color_map {...}
         }
         place_on ground // Method call without parentheses.
     }
 }

 File my_stuff.trash.BasicRSOCP.pov4
 ------------------------------------
 package my_stuff.trash;

 import pov.metals.*;

 scene BasicRSOCP extends BasicScene
 {
     ground.pigment {pattern checker color_map{...}}
     the_sphere.texture = Polished_Chrome;
     // The rest of the scene (sky_sphere and sun) are unchanged
 }

 File my_stuf.trash.BasicRSOCP_ButMoreBeautiful.pov4
 package my_stuff.trash;

 import pov.system.*;

 scene BasicRSOCP_ButMoreBeautiful(date:string) extends BasicRSOCP
 //date:sting --> $date?
 //scene parameters from command-line?
 {
     // specify sun's position;