POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : wxWidgets GUI for POV 4? : Re: wxWidgets GUI for POV 4? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wxWidgets GUI for POV 4?
From: Wolf
Date: 6 Oct 2007 11:05:00
Message: <web.4707a38a3c114edeedd244720@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Wolf" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > BTW, I would suggest splitting the renderer from the GUI application
> > completely, like mentioned by nemesis above. The one wanting to be a
> > "hardcore-hacker" can still use their vim, emacs or what-so-ever editor,
> > but and the one wanting support by a specialized, feature-rich editor
> > should be supported by a GUI application like PovClipse or QtPovEditor.
>
> BTW, I'm still to see the editor component of an IDE -- even Eclipse,
> Netbeans or VS -- to be as "feature-rich" as vim or emacs.  No, just
> similar keybinbings for a given subset of the functionality isn't enough...

I'm not going to comment this as I do not want to start another
"what-is-the-best-editor-out-there" discussion.
All I was saying is that there are people like you, using generic editors
like vim or emacs, and people like me, using specialized editors like
PovClipse to edit the POV SDL code, and let's support both.

- Wolf