POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New SDL: support for lexical scanner generators : Re: New SDL: support for lexical scanner generators Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New SDL: support for lexical scanner generators
From: Wolf
Date: 6 Oct 2007 02:35:01
Message: <web.47072c8e84df9986edd244720@news.povray.org>

> That's impossible to do with the current SDL syntax.

True, that's why I was referring to the new 4.0 syntax. For the 3.6 syntax
it *is* impossible to write a grammar usable with ANTLR, see my statements
above.

> Abusing macros and
> loops you could make the syntax change from valid to invalid depending
> on what frame number you're rendering.

Why would there be such a thing like syntactically invalid frame code? If
it's invalid POV-ray can not render it.

> And the only way to test that is
> interpreting the whole scene code with the current parameters, which
> could very well take hours on some scenes with built-in physics
> simulations :)

An option deactivating the automatic syntax validation could solve this as
well as the invalid-frame thing above.

- Wolf