POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : idea for an alternate type of focal blur : Re: idea for an alternate type of focal blur Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: idea for an alternate type of focal blur
From: Kenneth
Date: 24 Sep 2007 15:15:00
Message: <web.46f80bca56160c32f16fbbd90@news.povray.org>
"Zeger Knaepen" <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
> >  I'm curious if you had to "cheat"
> > her closer to the camera and scaled down, to get such a nice effect.
>
> That wouldn't be cheating, it would be an accurate reproduction of what the
> scene would be in reality.
>
> Point is: if you design the scene accurately, you'll get realistic results.

True, of course; but the image from cgsphere.com that Bill linked to
(thanks, Bill!) does show that the girl *is* quite small compared to the
brick sphere--that is, smaller than she *appears* to be in Bill's first
image. Nothing wrong with that; it just shows me what I might need to do to
get the result I'm after: positioning and scaling my foreground objects (if
necessary) to produce the desired blurring, while appearing to be in the
'correct' scale, relative to the other scene elements.

KW