POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : idea for an alternate type of focal blur : Re: idea for an alternate type of focal blur Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: idea for an alternate type of focal blur
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 22 Sep 2007 07:10:01
Message: <web.46f4f7ae56160c323ec8e3820@news.povray.org>
"Zeger Knaepen" <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
> >  I'm curious if you had to "cheat"
> > her closer to the camera and scaled down, to get such a nice effect.
>
> That wouldn't be cheating, it would be an accurate reproduction of what the
> scene would be in reality.

The scene is actually my cgsphere entry:

http://www.cgsphere.com/gallery/details/?submission_id=3254

All I did was move the camera to floor level behind the girl, still pointing
at the centre of the sphere. The blur focal point was also set to the
sphere's centre. I tweaked the aperture a little to get the effect I
wanted, but I think I only needed a couple of test renders - it basically
worked right away.

If you look closely at the blurred version, you'll notice that some of the
bricks in the foreground are also slightly blurred, but not nearly as much
as the girl.

Bill