POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : A small movie for my child : Re: A small movie for my child Server Time
21 Jun 2024 16:28:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A small movie for my child
From: Leef me
Date: 21 Sep 2007 17:40:00
Message: <web.46f4394e37ce6d16ed05561a0@news.povray.org>
Yannick Patois <pat### [at] calvixorg> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For last Xmass, I created a small 5mn animated movie for my child (who
> was 3). It features a few letters walking on a page... Last month  I put
> it on a web page.
>
> The soundtrack is in French (and there are no subtitles;).
>
> My characters animation is kept very simple, background is also very
> simple, this has nothing to do with the very impressive image and
> animations I could have seen here.
>
> But anyway, if you have a little child, if he understand French, and if
> moreover he's name is David, he might enjoy the show (mine did!).
>
> It's available on the web at:
> http://animation.altespace.org/
>
> (the source code is somewhere on the same page if anybody is interested).
>
> I would like to thanks very much the Povray team for their excellent
> tool and all the people that took time to post tutorials, code samples,
> answers to questions, and such. Without them, I wouldn't have been able
> to create this movie.
>
> Thanks to you all.
>
>  Yannick

Hi Yannick,

Very nice indeed!  I did notice some continuity errors, but I doubt a child
would.   I downloaded the source code archive and finally found the tool to
unzip the BZ2 file format. Also, you have a file 'A.inc' and 'a.inc' which
is a bit annoying because Windows treats them as the same file.

I'll be looking at all the different action you have in the source code.

Thanks again.

Leef_me