POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Repeating Patterns : Repeating Patterns Server Time
8 Jul 2024 20:11:28 EDT (-0400)
  Repeating Patterns
From: bugman
Date: 20 Sep 2007 03:55:01
Message: <web.46f226a53f8015ea7a1f45c00@news.povray.org>
I made a simple animation that kind of looks like the sun, using the
following basic method:

camera{location <0,0,-2.25> look_at <0,0,0>}
sphere {<0,0,0>,1 pigment{bumps scale 0.25 translate <0,0,clock>}
finish{ambient 1}}

Initial_Clock=0
Final_Clock=1
Cyclic_Animation=on

The only problem is that I want the animation to loop so that the final
picture is continuous with the initial picture. I thought the "bumps",
"spotted", and "bozo" patterns would do this for me, but apparently they
are not a repeating patterns. Is there any way for POV-Ray to make
repeating patterns that resemble these patterns?