POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Menger Sponge as Isosurface! : Re: Menger Sponge as Isosurface! Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:13:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Menger Sponge as Isosurface!
From: virtualmeet
Date: 15 Sep 2007 01:40:00
Message: <web.46eb6ede9b9aa03b8e7081c20@news.povray.org>
"Karl Anders" <kar### [at] webde> wrote:
> there are (at least) two solutions I know of to define THE SPONGE as an
> isosurface recursively(!)
Hi Karl,
First thanks for the links :). The link to the David Wallace page was the
one I was looking for. Unfortunately both PovRay scripts are using
recursivity which I'm trying to avoid in my own example. in short, I'm
looking for a way (giving a level N) to define the Menger Sponge without
using recursivity or a way to shrink the formula above. Recursivity is not
the best way to understand how things work not to mention that it's usually
slower and less memory efficient...
So, I'm still looking for a super-compact formula that can say (giving a
level N)  if a 3D point is "in" or "out" of a Menger Sponge volume.
Cheers,
Taha