POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Area light + thin object =3D problem : Area light + thin object =3D problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:23:48 EDT (-0400)
  Area light + thin object =3D problem
From: tasuki
Date: 13 Sep 2007 12:15:00
Message: <web.46e960e06f747f53390600560@news.povray.org>
Hello,

as the subject hints, I have a thin object lighted by an area light. The
shadows look just awful: If I use a small number of lights in the area
light (less than ten), the shadow is not smooth enough. If I use six or
more, I always get weird holes in the shadow (this is true even when I use
100 lights (with NO adaptive area lights, as adaptive lights obviously
cause even bigger holes in the shadow)).

Well, I hope I explained it clearly enough. :)
Surely, someone must have noticed this earlier than me and found a
solution...

Thanks for your help!
tasuki