POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to make object be transparent with alpha channel in the final image? : How to make object be transparent with alpha channel in the final image? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  How to make object be transparent with alpha channel in the final image?
From: Hor
Date: 10 Sep 2007 07:15:01
Message: <web.46e525f2cb83bb4e372f63560@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I have two solid objects overlapped with one another - both have visible and
invisible parts. I need to make the area which filled with visible part of
one object make transparent in the final image (using alpha channel, with
transparent background as well). Another object parts must not be visible
anywhere in this area.

What is the best way to get this effect? I found no solutions yet :(

P.S. Actually I need to do this with more than 2 objects (render separate
images and overlay them later), but I think that I will be able to
generalize the technique.

Thank you very much!!