POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Status of Moray? : Re: Status of Moray? Server Time
16 May 2024 23:31:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Status of Moray?
From: nemesis
Date: 7 Sep 2007 17:55:01
Message: <web.46e1c8a1aa459942415bcbf0@news.povray.org>
=?UTF-8?B?IkrDqXLDtG1lIE0uIEJlcmdlciI=?= <jeberger@free.fr> wrote:
>  According to the documentation, POV converts its Bezier patches
> into meshes before rendering them, which is precisely the gripe
> nemesis seems to have with other renderers...

actually, my gripe is that to define polygon, bezier or NURBS surfaces, you
have to define them by their vertices/control points/etc.  I enjoy saying
sphere { point, radius } and having a perfect sphere.  Or getting complex
isosurfaces by playing with functions.  I don't like playing with points,
let alone lots of them.  And yes, it's annoying even in visual modellers.