POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Physically accurate wax simulation : Re: Physically accurate wax simulation Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physically accurate wax simulation
From: Charles
Date: 2 Sep 2007 17:20:00
Message: <web.46db289c6612cd23489ab670@news.povray.org>
Dear Everyone,

Burki: even though your candle looks very nice, it still doesn't render
embedded objects with "participating" wax. I think (read: fear) that what I
need is a full volume render, which
1) takes ages to render;
2) I don't know if povray is capable of.

What seems to be the problem is that POVRay treats a material as a single
entity instead of rendering it as thousands if not millions of particles
(think of smoke). The obvious solution here is a #while-loop to dynamically
generate as many of these micro-particles as gives a good render result.
This post is a last cry for something more decent. Some sort of mapping?

Thanks,
Charles

PS. Alain, I'm not sure this is what your code attempts to do. I couldn't
get it parsed (latest POVRay version).