POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Physically accurate wax simulation : Physically accurate wax simulation Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Physically accurate wax simulation
From: Charles
Date: 1 Sep 2007 19:40:00
Message: <web.46d9f82f8e4ea8cd3489ab670@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone,

For a research project, I need to make a physically accurate simulation of
candlewax. I have taken a photo of what it looks like when I embed a small
black bead in a cube of wax and shine a light on it:

http://www.turingbirds.com/personal/random/wax.png

However, in POVRay, I cannot get the wax material to interact with the
sphere:

http://www.turingbirds.com/personal/random/nogoodrender.png
http://www.turingbirds.com/personal/random/wax.pov

Am I forgetting something, or is POVRay incapable of rendering this (without
hacks, e.g. blur)?

Thanks in advance,
Charles