POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need help with POV-Ray !! : Re: Need help with POV-Ray !! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:35:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help with POV-Ray !!
From: Stephen
Date: 22 Aug 2007 11:20:01
Message: <web.46cc53c64683e647c4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
"k1s3k1" <k1s### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "M_a_r_c" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

> > web.46c9227d4683e647197c09550@news.povray.org...
> > > can anyone teach me how to make plants/shrubs etc.. im having problem
> > > finding it out :(
> > >
> > It's a 2 parts problem.
> > 1st- you have to get shrubs.
> > You can make some with this kind of application
> > http://propro.ru/go/Wshop/povtree/povtree.html
> >
> > 2nd- you have to plant them.
> > There is a POVRay function called trace()
> > http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/229/  (item 2.2.1.4.5)
> >
> > Some times ago, I put online a small tutorial for trace() (in French, sorry,
> > but the code is the same for us all)
> > http://marc.jacquier.free.fr/tuts/trace_while/Trace_tut_page1.htm
> >
> > Marc
>
> Thanks, but i dont understand at all -_-
>
> I dont know how to start using trace.. is there a template of the code that
> i can modify or something?
>
> Because the french tutorial confuses me

Hi k1s3k1,
 Trace is the way to go for accuracy but it might not be a good idea if you
have a deadline. You could try placing your shrubs manually and adjust

can move your camera away from its final position so that you can see where
you have placed the objects.
IMO if this project is an assignment make sure that you have something you
can hand in first then tidy it up and make it look good. You seldom get
marks for spending all of your time experimenting with no results.

Stephen