POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : index of refraction ("ior") fails to influence on _transmitted_ light : Re: index of refraction ("ior") fails to influence on _transmitted_light Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: index of refraction ("ior") fails to influence on _transmitted_light
From: chefboss
Date: 18 Aug 2007 14:35:00
Message: <web.46c73aa5fe0e76b56f43f7c30@news.povray.org>
Anyhow: I (chefboss) was am the originator of the thread, and I might like
to find it fixed somehow. It still displays wrong, and I use browsers (not
newsreaders) for those pages here, with no cache and nothing like that.

Besides the suggested photon-mapping, although working better, brought me to
the next problem: speckled appearance of the transmitted light when ior
gives focal-point near the surface of the sphere, see 2 or 3 threads above,
(http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.46c7386b86ebcca6f43f7c30%40news.povray.org%3E/)