POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : compilation/execution bug on debian etch (>>illegal instruction<<) : Re: compilation/execution bug on debian etch (>>illegal instruction<<) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: compilation/execution bug on debian etch (>>illegal instruction<<)
From: chefboss
Date: 18 Aug 2007 14:05:00
Message: <web.46c7347442360a056f43f7c30@news.povray.org>
Sorry to say, but I was wrong with the _second_ posting; my test-script had
accidentally pointed to the not-selfcompiled binary, and I panically posted
the second message for not to bother anyone unnecesary.

But as said, it does not compile a useful binary, and I uploaded it (the
binary) to
        http://www.manganese-blue.com/povrandombug/povray
It says nothing except "Illegal instruction", no matter how I start it.
Compiled on debian/etch standart-official distribution (more data on request
here)

Anyhow the problem I wanted to experiment about I will post right now into
some new thread; has to do with the random-generator