POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : [edit] *.pov file live in modeller ? : Re: [edit] *.pov file live in modeller ? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:39:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [edit] *.pov file live in modeller ?
From: Stephen
Date: 14 Aug 2007 11:35:00
Message: <web.46c1cab3ac465a55c4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Stephen <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote:
> > Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > >
> > >   No.
>
> > Actually the answer is Yes, for a limited subset of Pov-Ray objects.

[Snip]

>> --
>                                                           - Warp

successful importing some of the demo files from the Pov-Ray installation.
After commenting out objects in the include files that Bishop3D does not
support.
Another shortcoming of importing a Pov file is how the program reads the
scene hierarchy. I generally have to manually clean up/reorganise the file
to make it readable to a person.
You purists :-) have it easy when it comes to recourses, as a modeller uses

abandoned due to a slow response time updating the screen.
I think that like most things in life, you have to compromise.

If you ever have the time I would be interested in what you thought of
Bishop3D. If you have the interest, that is.

Stephen