POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : [edit] *.pov file live in modeller ? : Re: [edit] *.pov file live in modeller ? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:44:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [edit] *.pov file live in modeller ?
From: Stephen
Date: 14 Aug 2007 05:45:01
Message: <web.46c17960ac465a55c4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> stu <stu### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> >   ...can we take a finished *.pov scene file, and open
> > it in any of the modellers, making adjustments, live,
> > to the position of objects, lights, or other scene
> > elements ?
>
>   No.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Actually the answer is Yes, for a limited subset of Pov-Ray objects.
Bishop3D has the facility to import Pov files and convert them to its own
internal scene. Where you can modify the scene and re-export it and render
it.
It is in Beta test and you can download it here
http://www.bishop3d.com/download.htm
the site is at
http://www.bishop3d.com/

More testers give a better quality product.

Stephen