POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : [edit] *.pov file live in modeller ? : [edit] *.pov file live in modeller ? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:38:17 EDT (-0400)
  [edit] *.pov file live in modeller ?
From: stu
Date: 13 Aug 2007 22:15:00
Message: <web.46c10f0d8bc99bdd6db1ec990@news.povray.org>
+    Today was "modeller day" for me... I dont use one
usually... povray is enough for most things... however,
it does occur to me the modellers might be useful for
something, and I wanted to ask about this...
  ...can we take a finished *.pov scene file, and open
it in any of the modellers, making adjustments, live,
to the position of objects, lights, or other scene
elements ?

     Again, I'll mention that today and yesterday I
think I tried every modeller on the resources page...
I like Breeze designer... and Moray... but of these
and any other Ive ever played with, it seems to import
a file, it has to be native modeller file, and not
 *.pov format.  There may be a go-between, and thus
my question today... can this be done ?

thanks  I love pov