POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Is it possible to run POV-RAY or MegaPOV on Widows without GUI : Re: Is it possible to run POV-RAY or MegaPOV on Widows without GUI Server Time
27 Apr 2024 18:57:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is it possible to run POV-RAY or MegaPOV on Widows without GUI
From: bala
Date: 11 Aug 2007 11:10:00
Message: <web.46bdd05896d547c93c98cad00@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> bala <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> >      I am new to POV-RAY, would like to know is it
> > possible to run POV-RAY or MegaPov in Windows in
> > command line mode with out GUI main window.
>
>   Just out of curiosity: Why do you want to?
>   Perhaps there's a better solution to the problem.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

we are setting up Grid software demo, where we thought of using
POV-RAY as one of the demo application to run on the Grid, Grid
client is Windows and we don't want to show the POV-RAY main
window to the client user, Grid client will send the povray
result back to the server.

pls let me know if you have a better solution to this!