POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : New POV-Ray Music Video available - Dance of the Technoids : New POV-Ray Music Video available - Dance of the Technoids Server Time
4 May 2024 17:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  New POV-Ray Music Video available - Dance of the Technoids
From: Drakonis
Date: 6 Aug 2007 18:10:01
Message: <web.46b79ae119965773f281f53a0@news.povray.org>
Hello, I'm Eduard Schwan, that guy who worked on the Macintosh POV-Ray
development team for 8+ years (long ago) and published a Mac book on
POV-Ray... I've quietly resurfaced with some fun POV-Ray-related news I
would like to share with the community.

I have recently created a 100% POV-Ray-rendered music video, complete with
my own 80's "Depeche Mode" style music accompaniment.  I have rendered a
low-quality version and posted it <a
href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aGwuuI8f_w">here on YouTube for
free.</a>

And, I have re-rendered it in high-quality anti-aliased DVD size (with much
nicer DVD-quality sound), added a 12 minute behind-the-scenes interview --
where I talk about writing the music and give a little beginner's peek at
POV-Ray -- and also have a live video of the flamenco guitarist who added
his acoustic guitar work to the piece, and have a trailer for my next
POV-Ray-rendered music video, "Fractal Serenity."  This DVD is now
available for sale on-line <a
href="http://www.thelostrecords.com/schwansongs-artist.html">here at "The
Lost Records" record company.</a>  It is about $9.95 US Dollars, and I
think TLR did a very professional job with the cover printing and
mastering.

I am glad that everyone's having a lot of fun with POV-Ray, and I hope this
video gets your creative synapses dancing!

ttfn,
Eduard Schwan