POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : help about matrices in Povray : Re: help about matrices in Povray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help about matrices in Povray
From: Katherina
Date: 5 Aug 2007 14:30:00
Message: <web.46b616b3ce12c1a4d7b596fc0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Katherina <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > I have the matrices whose rows constitute normal vectors, and coefficients
> > of quadratics, isn't there anything in Povray so that when I define my
> > matrices, I can access elements say matrix is M, then M(i,j) is (i,j) th
> > element.
>
>   If all you want to do is to be able to "easily" handle a set of values
> as if they were a matrix, you could create a 2-dimensional array from them:
>
> http://povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/233/
>
>   Note, however, that POV-Ray offers no native matrix operations (such
> as addition, multiplication, etc) doable to such "matrix" arrays, so if
> you need those operations you'll have to implement them yourself. This
> should be more or less trivial to do using #macros.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Thanks a lot, I do not need matrix operations.

I looked at the link that you sent to me, but my problem is that I have a
huge data and there are no commas between elements and also between rows as
in the Povray definition below:

#declare Digits =
 array[4][10]
 {
  {7,6,7,0,2,1,6,5,5,0},
  {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0},
  {0,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1},
  {1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5}
 }

Since it is not possible to put commas and also brcakets with to huge data
(if there is a way to do this not by hand please let me know) what can I
do?