POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : help about creating solid from planes and quadratics : help about creating solid from planes and quadratics Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  help about creating solid from planes and quadratics
From: Katherina
Date: 5 Aug 2007 09:45:00
Message: <web.46b5d34598ab4ed7d7b596fc0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm very new at Povray. I have data for forming a solid from planes and
quadratics. I want to form the solid.

I found plane and quadric commands to form  a plane and a quadratic, I used
Povray to render them.

But since they are infinite, how I will make them finite, and will I use
merge? union? bounded_by? Can you give a simple example of a solid formed by
planes and quadratics?

I have coefficients for quadratic object, if I form a matrix from
coefficients in the pov file, Povray can read from that matrix?Can you give
a simple example?

Thanks