POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Combine a dam into mountain valley : Re: Combine a dam into mountain valley Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Combine a dam into mountain valley
From: Stephen
Date: 27 Jul 2007 03:45:02
Message: <web.46a9a1f2725b8aad726bd13c0@news.povray.org>
"Renuka" <nsi### [at] excitecom> wrote:

> Dear Stephen,
> I am very thankful for your help. I looked the link you mention, if I follow
> his way to combine my dam, it will take long time to render because the
> author used very complicated iso-surface. I have to make several hundered
> pov images for generate dynamic image. I hope I have to use simple
> iso-surface for my purpose. Can you give me some guideliness to use simple
> iso-surface.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Renuka.

Hi Renuka, (I think that we can be informal here :-)

site.
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/
If you just want to show off your dam. Personally, I would try a hieghtfield
to start off with. I would generate a plasma fractal using Fractint and use
the saved image. Or try a free landscape generator that will give you a
mesh that you can use in Poveray. That would probably be your quickest way.

Oh! I see Mike beat me to it :-)

Stephen