POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Combine a dam into mountain valley : Re: Combine a dam into mountain valley Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Combine a dam into mountain valley
From: Renuka
Date: 27 Jul 2007 02:45:01
Message: <web.46a9940b725b8aad4ac3566b0@news.povray.org>
> You can create landscapes in a couple of ways. You can use heightfields
> where an image or function is used to create an uneven ground. Or you can
> use iso-surfaces to describe the ground mathematically. Another way would

> Landscapes are a topic on their own but there are quite a few Pov sites that
> might help. Have a look at http://www.imagico.de/index.html for inspiration.
>

> Stephen

Dear Stephen,
I am very thankful for your help. I looked the link you mention, if I follow
his way to combine my dam, it will take long time to render because the
author used very complicated iso-surface. I have to make several hundered
pov images for generate dynamic image. I hope I have to use simple
iso-surface for my purpose. Can you give me some guideliness to use simple
iso-surface.

Thank you.

Renuka.