POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Combine a dam into mountain valley : Re: Combine a dam into mountain valley Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Combine a dam into mountain valley
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Jul 2007 08:15:02
Message: <web.46a89017725b8aad726bd13c0@news.povray.org>
"Renuka" <nsi### [at] excitecom> wrote:
> Dear Experts,
> I am a newbye to POV so I need your help for my following problem.
> I rendered a concrete dam with POV-ray, Now I want to put this dam into
> mountain valley to make good visual apperance. Can anybody help me, How can
> I make mountain vally? Please help me
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> Rgds,
> Renuka.

You can create landscapes in a couple of ways. You can use heightfields
where an image or function is used to create an uneven ground. Or you can
use iso-surfaces to describe the ground mathematically. Another way would

Landscapes are a topic on their own but there are quite a few Pov sites that
might help. Have a look at http://www.imagico.de/index.html for inspiration.

Stephen