POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : images and animations of crystal minerals : images and animations of crystal minerals Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  images and animations of crystal minerals
From: Leef me
Date: 26 Jul 2007 03:30:02
Message: <web.46a84c705fa25c98892adb1d0@news.povray.org>
I am fascinated by crystal minerals such as quartz, pyrite or the inside of
geodes. I have searched both povray and the www for information about
rendering examples as images or even animations. I have not found anything.

My knowledge is very limited in this area. I have found references to
crystaline structures of molecules, but that is not what I am looking for.

Here are some photograp examples, any suggestions on how to emplement
something like this in POVRAY?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Pyrite_foolsgold.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Amethyst.bed.750pix.jpg

Thanks,