POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Getting started : Getting started Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Getting started
From: marciano
Date: 25 Jul 2007 18:30:02
Message: <web.46a7ccfedf6f61bc42ce5db10@news.povray.org>
Hello.
I've just downloaded POV-Ray.
From 'Getting started'
"|Starting POV-Ray rendering any scene file is as simple as opening the file
via the File menu. Then go to the Render menu and start rendering. By
default POV-Ray will write an image to disk to the same folder as the scene
file you rendered|"

I file-open cylinder1.pov and go to Render menu -> all options are light
grey  -> cannot render
Then I try' Window-Render queue' and 'Add files to queue'
'Add POV-Ray text file(s) to render queue' is the title of the popup window.
 Cannot select any text file in Templates directory, all are ligth gray.
I do could add box.pov file to Render Queue
Perform "Start Render Queue"  -> box.pov text content is displayed
No render image is generated.

How it is supose to render any file?

I've set Render engine for G4, unmarked "allow rendering .pov files only"

Thank you in advance