POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How can I get indexed images? : Re: How can I get indexed images? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:28:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I get indexed images?
From: JSH
Date: 19 Jul 2007 08:55:01
Message: <web.469f5ec7842bd7cc1510e1dc0@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:

Hi,

thanks so far. Indeed, I could use the .gif format and convert this back to
an image only containing intensities. But they are two dimensional!!

I am interested in the 3d image in form of a 3d-matrix or something similar.
On each position (x,y,z) there should be an intensity such that combining
this with an apropriate colorbar (or more colorbars) leads to the final
image.

a) To be more precise. Is there any way to receive such a 3d intensity
image? When I checked the source code it just looked as if they write this
information into .df3 files.

b) Some people do animations with povray. Is this maybe a way to receive 3d
images and not only projections into 2d??

What I am planning to do is to make images in povray and export this to
another software, where I want to use such pictures to test image
restoration procedures. I thought using povray could be an easy way to
design 3d geometrical structures. I just need one object per picture, so
there should be no problem with different color palets.

I would really apreciate it, if anybody could give me more hints.

Thank you again,
JSH