POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How can I get indexed images? : How can I get indexed images? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  How can I get indexed images?
From: JSH
Date: 18 Jul 2007 12:10:02
Message: <web.469e3b1f3dbe0fd01510e1dc0@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I've started to work with PovRay recently and I wonder how to get an indexed
image file. As the standard output formats are .png or similar image formats
that don't allow any access to the indexed image, but directly contain an
RGB image.

a) Am I right that .df3 density files contain such indexed image data?

b) If so, how can I gain access to the .df3 file when I produce an image
with PovRay?

c) Is there an even better way to obtain indexed image data?

Grateful for any help,

JSH