POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How many objects? : Re: How many objects? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How many objects?
From: Stephen
Date: 18 Jul 2007 11:20:03
Message: <web.469e2f4627d9731c4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I hope you laptop guys are aware that laptops are always one step behind
> desktops in sheer CPU power for a given year and price.  And I guess CPU
> heavy applications like povray melt away compact laptops faster than
> desktops as well... no kidding. :)

That is true I had one laptop that overheated so much I had to use the

that allowed you to pick what percentage of clock ticks Pov used. I believe
that it was implemented for the first rendering done in space.
My present laptop is a DTR (Desktop Replacement) it was more expensive than

should come with a health warning :-)

Stephen