POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Can we modify resolution of images rendered ? : Can we modify resolution of images rendered ? Server Time
17 May 2024 03:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  Can we modify resolution of images rendered ?
From: breizh france
Date: 18 Jul 2007 10:00:01
Message: <web.469e1c6b39f2593e8be0e2a00@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I want to render an image 720x576 pixels with an horizontal and vertical
resolution of 300 ppp. The format of the image may be bmp or better png.
By "default", the resolution I obtain is 96 ppp.

I read all the documentation and didn't find anything telling me I can
change the resolution of images rendered. Can we modify the resolution ?

Subsidiary question for the experts :
If i decide to render an image of 2106x1728, with 96 ppp resolution
and then use ImageMagick or something else to reduce the size of the image
to 720x576, but with 300ppp
Am I totally crazy ? or is it the only way to obtain what i want ?

Thanks