POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Asteroid Belt : Re: Asteroid Belt Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Asteroid Belt
From: OpalPlanet
Date: 10 Jul 2007 14:00:02
Message: <web.4693c85242dfa6db39928d3a0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for all the ideas, guys. I'm new at this, so I'm not quite sure how
to use the macro - how do I use the point it returns as the position for
the spheres?

Also, The reason I'm using a cone (which is situated so the axis is
perpendicular to the line of veiw) is because the main belt actually
stretches from about Earth's orbit out to Jupiter, with most of the
asteroids between Mars and Jupiter. I'm trying to give this impression with
a cone, so that the narrow point (at earth) has a few asteroids, and then
the broad part of the cone is in the "belt" itself, between Mars and
Jupiter.

Thanks again!
OpPl