POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Crash when running RTR without a camera : Re: Crash when running RTR without a camera Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash when running RTR without a camera
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 9 Jul 2007 11:45:02
Message: <web.46925789e9f37ad43b456bff0@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> ZIP it using the highest compression option available. Usualy, dump files can
> compress dramaticaly, possibly around 99+% in some cases. Some other format give
> even more compression, check what format the other can handle.
>
> --
> Alain
> Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know
> someone else and expect them to know you.

Even better: get 7-zip, I get much better results than with zip format. If
you have enough RAM, use Ultra mode (uses over 350MB of RAM but sometimes
it's worth it). 7zip can also create .zip files smaller than WinZip,
keeping them compatible with other tools (unlike WinZip 10 "enhanced
deflate" which creates files only readable from WinZip 10). And it's open
source! :)

http://www.7-zip.org/