POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Modeling a "real" camera : Modeling a "real" camera Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:39:39 EDT (-0400)
  Modeling a "real" camera
From: Dave VanHorn
Date: 6 Jul 2007 17:10:02
Message: <web.468eaed1bb06871ea08ed15e0@news.povray.org>
I'm aware that pov's camera is a pinhole.

I'm starting out on a technical rendering exercise, where I need to make
pov's output look as much like a real camera.

What I know, is my image sensor size, and the focal length of a given lens
in our system, and what field of view it gives.

I would like to be able to vary the focal length, and get the corresponding
change in field of view, as well as the appropriate distortion as we get
into the lenses that have FOVs like 120 degrees.

Is this available as a macro or .inc somewhere?

Thanks