POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : anemone : Re: anemone Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:04:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: anemone
From: gonzo
Date: 28 Jun 2007 17:25:01
Message: <web.4684266c3c7e935ca0c272b50@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> This was created with some macros I wrote.

The basic parts are good, but the movement is a little too random.  The
tentacles should have a direction to them (surge or current).

I played around with getting good anemone tentacles awhile back, and got
very good results with L-System5 using tropism for surge (made some very
nice fireworks that way too).  If someone has implemented such a thing in
POV-SDL that would be sweet.  L-System5 exports to DXF.

RG