POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : MegaPOV install question : Re: MegaPOV install question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV install question
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 26 Jun 2007 23:10:01
Message: <web.4681d4e0d1d50b225e73ab330@news.povray.org>
"clarkking" <cla### [at] sbcglobalnet> wrote:
> I dl mega pov and ran the install but it doesnt appear to have a user
> interface of its own.  As i understand it is stand alone with the exception
> that pov ray must also be installed.  DO i have to install mega pov in a
> certain directory in relation to pov ray?  Becuase the only way i can open
> the program is by opening pov ray, basically i dont have an icon or
> anything in order to start mega pov after installing it.

I can only speak relative to the windows install.  You download the megaPOV
package and unzip it to the same directory as the installed POV-Ray files.
You then run "mpengine.exe" in the bin directory and it runs as an
independent stand-alone program.

I don't know how other platforms work if you aren't using Windows...

-tgq