POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Question about radiosity : Question about radiosity Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:12 EDT (-0400)
  Question about radiosity
From: clarkking
Date: 26 Jun 2007 21:10:02
Message: <web.4681b84e6bc85a0bb56da8d00@news.povray.org>
I've never used radiosity or hdri lighting so that should give some context
to this current inquiry, and i thank you in advance.

For radiosity to really have an effect on realism in a scene it should be
used when there is more than one object right?  I mean lets say i was
rendering a "portrait" of say some geometric object adding radiosity would
nt have any effect right, except for really long render times.  IN this
case to increase the realism of the object/scene i need to use HDR right.
I know it really depends, but the question stands.