POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Plump Ken : Re: Plump Ken Server Time
2 May 2024 11:14:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plump Ken
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Jun 2007 04:20:01
Message: <web.4680cb903b48260fc4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> wrote:

> I used to have all my Poser stuff in one runtime libaray. It was a big mess.
> And Poser was taking a long time to load.

>When I got a new computer, I took
> a better approach. Since most of my Poser stuff is downloaded, I found it
> easiest to just reinstall (for DAZ stuff) or unzip (for other stuff) into
> new runtimes that were categorized. Similar to Thomas, a runtime for
> animals, etc. I wouldn't attempt to do this by moving files around.

Funnily enough, neither would I :-)

>So, if you still have your downloads
> stashed somewhere, use them. The DAZ installers let you choose a destination
> directory, so its not a problem.

After reading about this option I have decided to uninstall Poser, move all
my work files, and delete all the addins. Then I will reinstall Poser and
organise the downloads as you and Thomas have suggested.

current workflow, as my main objective is working with Bishop3D, a new
modeller. The excursion into Poser is to create actors for a scene. I
recently downloaded a lot of free clothes and figures and my Runtime
directory structure is a mess. Clothes mixed with figures and props. I know

Stephen