POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CGSE (Golf Ball) : Re: CGSE (Golf Ball) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CGSE (Golf Ball)
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 25 Jun 2007 17:00:03
Message: <web.46802c887fa6236fc150d4c10@news.povray.org>
"Allen" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Maybe, I'm not totally sure about that.  The ball itself is around 30units
> in radius.  So, if I did a golf stick, it would be like 30*40units tall.
> That's just huge.  To get it to the right scale, it just wouldn't work in
> this image.  Good idea though.
>
> I have updated the image.
> http://www.cgsphere.com/gallery/details/?submission_id=3330
> Please comment and rate it ^.^

I see your new one, while you've resized the image itself properly, the ball
(sphere) should still have the same size as the template.  (In the POV
template this is 40 units).  Other than that, it looks pretty good and
follows all the other rules.  Sorry to make you maybe render it agin.

BTW, why is the render so long?  Is it just from the area lighting and focal
blur?  Try manual bounding of the CSG of the sphere, sometimes this can help
considerably, especially when you are differencing a whole lot of objects
like the dimples.

-tgq