POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Modified Povray code implementing sub-surface scattering : Re: Modified Povray code implementing sub-surface scattering Server Time
15 May 2024 18:54:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modified Povray code implementing sub-surface scattering
From: Antonio Ferrari
Date: 25 Jun 2007 04:05:02
Message: <web.467f7712e431dd386cad3e230@news.povray.org>
"Sleazy Saint" <Oll### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> Hrmmm. This site -- http://rise.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/makepage.cgi?Home --
> has a render engine that can implement sub-surface scattering for arbitrary
> meshes, and claims it's code is "lucid and readable". Anyone interested in
> adding sss to POV might want to take a look. I don't know if it helps,
> since it doesn't use media to simulate it. I'm just throwing the link out
> there.

Hi! I read your article only now. I don't know if someone will want to
develop a patch for SSS or BSSRDF in Povray. Maybe will be simply necessary
to add a shortcut in the grammar (plus little develop I suppose, since media
already simulate scattering) instead of making complex calculations using
media and density. Let's hope to see this feature implemented in the
future. AF