POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Textured bricks : Re: Textured bricks Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:31:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textured bricks
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 20 Jun 2007 07:20:02
Message: <web.46790cd751b37119731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Wonderful!  Except, of course, it isn't really a "textured" brick.  Wouldn't
> ShapedBrick, SurfacedBrick or something be less misleading? :)

On the contrary, I think this is exactly what 'textured' means in everyday
speech, even if in POV-Ray lingo it means something different... but I
agree it's not a particularly catchy name. Perhaps I should have called it
MegaBrick or something.

Oh well, too late now! :D

PS quick hint everyone, if you set the edge_radius to be almost as large as
the smallest width (i.e., so that the flat faces are very small compared to
the curved edges) and apply a really deep amplitude, you get really
interesting boulder shapes. I was trying it out yesterday - turbulent bozo
works well - makes sort of petrified potato shapes!