POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Golf Ball Help : Golf Ball Help Server Time
17 May 2024 05:37:28 EDT (-0400)
  Golf Ball Help
From: Allen
Date: 18 Jun 2007 18:05:02
Message: <web.467700fa911d3421793de9de0@news.povray.org>
Hey World,

Well, you have gotten me started on CGSphere stuff.  I'm trying to model a
small scene, but I have gotten stuck early on.  I am attempting to model a
golfball, but I can't find any resources on one.  I just can't seem to
figure out how to get the dimples on the ball.  I can get one row, but then
I still have tons others to hand place.

Can anyone help me develop a macro for this?  I can't figure out the formula
that would allow this to be simplified.  I'll post anything I do figure
out... this isn't something that is easy to find information on.

Thanks in advance,
Allen

----
View My Portfolio At